If you want to fulfill your (pipe) dream of snagging a celebrity, look no further than these hot spots during Golden Globes season
OK, ‘fess up — every single woman out there has, at some point in her life, fantasized about dating a celebrity. Personally, I’m still dreaming of that day when Taylor Kitsch will be mine. Well, if you want to make that dream a reality, head to Hollywood for the Golden Globe Awards. No joke, you’ll run into a Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron or Jeremy Piven on every single corner. If the idea of hanging on random corners frightens you (as it should) check out my guide for the best places to fulfill your celeb fantasy!
- BEST BRUNCH Head to the Four Seasons Hotel (300 S. Doheny Drive) on Golden Globe Sunday for their amazing buffet breakfast. Last year I ran into Mark Wahlberg, Morgan Freeman AND Alec Baldwin. Dress casually but cute (as in, make sure your hair and makeup is perfect and put on some really tight jeans). Best time to go: 11:30 AM – 1:30. Linger…you never know who you’ll see.
- BEST PLACE FOR A ROBERT PATTINSON SIGHTING Hands down, Soho House West Hollywood (9200 W. Sunset Blvd.) is where you’re likely to find your favorite on-screen vampire. One ever-so-slight problem, however, is that Soho House is a member’s cub — so you’re going to have to pull some serious strings to get in.
- THE PLACE YOU REALLY WANT TO BE ON GOLDEN GLOBES SUNDAY Is the Beverly Hilton (9876 Wilshire Blvd.), where the Globes are actually held. After the ceremony, every single after-party is in the Hilton — so if you want to sneak into NBC, InStyle or Summit, you need to be on the premises. Again, this is a problem — security is tight. But if you DO manage to get past the guards, try your luck at HBO’s annual fete — it’s the best of the bunch.
- WHERE TO FIND GEORGE CLOONEY AND HIS CREW Georgie-Pie’s favorite restaurant in Tinseltown is Dan Tana‘s (9071 Santa Monica Blvd.), an ‘authentic’ Italian in West Hollywood. Power movers hang here — make sure to get your reservations in early.
- THE HEALTHY HANGOUT Where do the boys go to get their exercise on? None other than Runyon Canyon in West Hollywood (just off the 7300 block of Muholland Drive). Grab your sneakers and your cutest workout gear and DO break into a sweat — nothing says ‘gym poser’ more than makeup and a blowout while working out!
- YOUNG HOLLYWOOD WILL BE…Chilling at Trousdale (9229 W. Sunset Blvd.) on a Friday or Saturday night. It’s difficult to get in, so wear your chicest outfit (re: tiniest dress) and pray you look hot enough to get in. You may spot Chris Evans, Matthew Morrison or Mark Salling on any given night!
- LUNCH HERE NOW. Joan’s on Third (8350 W. 3rd St.) is THE place to lunch in Los Angeles; literally, every celeb AND their mother goes there. You may be lucky enough to see Jake Gyllenhaal over Golden Globes weekend and pick up the pieces of his ‘broken’ heart (you know, post-Taylor Swift split and all) over a $10 salad. Sounds like a pretty good deal, no?
Good luck, LoveTrekkers — and happy celeb hunting!