What do your kinky nighttime thoughts mean? Get the facts here
I woke up this morning dazed and confused. This is my typical state before two gigantic cups of coffee but it wasn’t my post-sleep state causing disorientation this time. Nope, I had just awakened to a text from a close male friend who said he’d had a really, really hot sex dream…about me. Weird? Yes. Unusual? Completely. I thought I had imagined it, and went back to bed briefly before bolting upright and thinking, “Holy eff. What does this mean?” So, as one does, I researched.
Tony Crisp, the author of the Dream Dictionary: An A to Z Guide to Understanding Your Unconscious Mind and one of the best dream analysts in the world, definitely gave me some unexpected food for thought on a Monday. “Sexual dreams usually express hidden desires; the way we would like to express sexually, or problems in this area. Although sex is symbolised in many dreams, where it appears directly it shows that the dreamer is able to more easily accept their sexual urges and hurts,” Crisp writes on his website, DreamHawk.com.
He adds, “Your longing for sexual partners that isn’t openly expressed, will attempt to become real in your dreams. All of us have such secret longings, and it is healthy for them to be allowed as we sleep.”
But what happens when a secret longing becomes public information? I don’t know, but I’m not about to think about it at this moment, so I’ll get my ass moving and focus on the task at hand: decoding others dreams. Are you ready for some REM action?
* Decoding Dreams
- Anal Sex: Representative of submission. You’re afraid to give in to the wants of others (and, um, reasonably so, no?).
- Bisexuality: Interestingly enough, although it can meet you’re having some sexual confusion, dreaming you’re bi generally means you’re sexually repressed!
- Chastity belt: Chill the hell out. You are way too stressed and in need of some serious relaxation!
- Homosexuality: If you dream you’re gay, you are actually the complete opposite. Dreaming you’re a full-on lesbian means you’ve reached self acceptance and are comfortable with who you are.
- Kissing: Denotes love, affection, tranquility, harmony and contentment. To dream that you are kissing someone’s hand, signifies respect. If you are kissing someone’s foot, then it denotes respect and humility. If you are kissing someone on the cheek or someone is kissing you on the cheek, then it signifies admiration, courtesy, reverence, friendship or respect. To dream that you are kissing someone on the neck or vice versa, refers to uninhibited passion and lust. You are giving into your physical desires.
- Kissing someone else’s boyfriend: You want to be in a relationship (although not necessarily with this particular guy) and want to be in love. You’re probably jealous of the situation, and not the guy in particular. You may also lack integrity as a human being, sorry.
- Kissing a friend: You adore them and are seeking some intimate closeness that hasn’t existed or doesn’t exist in your everyday relationship. This indicates romantic interest (re: my situation above. Now completely shocked).
- Kissing a stranger: Means you’re about to discover something about yourself, or you need to. It’s time to become aware of who you really are.
- Oral Sex: Giving good head means you’re just full of happiness and joy, apparently. If you’re a ‘giver’ in your subconscious mind, you’re a creative type and you’re on the right life path. Who knew?
- Orgasm: Having the big O can mean a few different things. #1 is the big ending to something important (a climax, if you will). Conversely, it can also mean you’re not getting enough sex. And if you don’t achieve orgasm, well, I’m sorry. It means you’re frustrated with your life and being left unsatisfied and unfulfilled — and not sexually either.
- Orgies: You need to have fewer hobbies (and, says I, less sex and more boyfriends).
- Seeing others kissing: You’re way too involved in someone else’s life and need to chill the hell out. Give them space. You’re also unsure of their feelings toward you, looking to have a relationship (be it sexual or non) and aren’t sure how to make it happen. You need to give them some space. If the dream ends just about as you are about to kiss someone, then it indicates that you are unsure of how he or she really feels about you. You are looking for some sort of relationship with this person but you are not sure about how to go about achieving it.
- Sex with a stranger: You’re confident and know where you’re going in life. You’re powerful, secure and know how to get what you want (as I’m sure most of you feel during a one-night stand…while feeling the complete opposite afterwards).
- Watching someone get naked: Er…this apparently means you’re compassionate and can empathize with him/her — even if he/she is doing a striptease. OK….
- Adventurer: Sorry ladies, but dreaming that you’re a travel-master means the complete opposite. You lack adventure in your everyday life and you’re desperately seeking it. Conversely, it can also mean that you’re too self-absorbed and ambitious to give back to those who have helped you get to where you are.
- Airport: Ruh-roh. Seeing an airport represents new beginnings (arrivals) and death (departures). If the airport is busy, it means a desire for freedom, high hopes or expectations or a new plan/beginning about to take off. If you’re dreaming of an empty airport though, it indicates your plans will hit an unexpected snag and you’re going to have to put something in your life on hold
- Flying an airplane: You are in complete control of a situation that’s bothering you. Don’t worry.
- Planes: You’re about to overcome obstacles — hurrah! If this airplane is taking off, so will you: an idea or plan you’ve been working on is about to become a reality and really ‘take off.’ As with most travel-related dreams, it can also indicate you need an escape from your everyday routine.
- Missing your flight: You are feeling helpless, trapped and disconnected. No good, ladies. Your subconscious is telling you to get the hell out of a bad situation.
- Plane crash: You’ve either set goals that are too high for yourself or you don’t have enough confidence in yourself that something is going to work out; either way, your fear is that whatever you’ve been working towards is going to come ‘crashing’ down around your ears.
- Travel: This can be a wish to escape from your daily burdens; you want to get away to a place where no one expects anything of you. You might need a fresh start. If your trip is over, so is something massive you’ve been working towards. If you dream you’re in a car full of people, this means new friends and impending adventures.
- Traveling by train: This symbolizes your life’s journey — and you’re on the right track, so to speak, and not about to become derailed. Alternatively, this can mean that you’re a worrywart and stressing about a situation that will work out in the end.
And on that note, I’l leave you with my favorite dream song of all time: “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac ; enjoy!